[ExchangeList] Fw: Change private IP on a cluster- reply

  • From: "Jose Medeiros" <josemedeiros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2006 21:54:38 -0700

From: ActiveDir-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:ActiveDir-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Mike Newell
Sent: Monday, June 05, 2006 10:50 AM
To: ActiveDir@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Jose Medeiros; Douglas R. Spindler; president@xxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] Change private IP on a cluster

Hey Jose,

I need to change the IP on the two network cards that the servers use to
monitor the heartbeat between them. Each server in the cluster has two NIC's in
them, one for monitoring the heartbeat between them (private), and one for the
internal LAN.

We have just added an office that shares the same subnet as the private side of
the cluster so no one in that office can see the cluster. I don't need to
change the IP's on the LAN side of the servers or change the VIP used for the
cluster.

I was hoping that it would only affect the communications between the servers
and not fail over or prevent anyone from accessing the cluster. My thought was
that I could just change the IP on each server and after a few seconds the
clustered servers would see each other again and continue to function normally.

Again, I really appreciate the help.