FE/BE

  • From: "Ruba Al Omari, Eng." <romari@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 13:00:23 +0300

Greetings,

I am a newbie to exchange and we are setting a front end server
(Exchange 2000 SP3, Windows 2000 Sp4, ISA2000), few questions if anyone
can help:

-          How can I disable the public folders from being seen for the
users who are accessing OWA through the web? But still for users inside
the web they should be able to see it? Or is it a common thing for users
accessing OWA from outside to see the public folders? (we have so many
public folders).

-          Typically when a front end exchange in the DMz zone does it
have 1 NIC (public one in our case) and the routing to the trust is done
through the firewall or does it usually have 2 NICs one on the trust and
one on the DMZ?

-          Can I install OWA 2003 to be used with exchange 2000?

-          I am following an electronic book in my FE/BE configuration
from Microsoft but it was last updates 2002 is there any other guide
newer for exchange 2000?

Thanks and regards,

Ruba Al Omari