Re: FE/BE

  • From: "Ruba Al Omari, Eng." <romari@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2004 09:28:18 +0300

Thank you Devin.

I couldn't find a group for the OWA users? (There is access list for
every one in the security tab.)

Subject: RE: FE/BE
From: "Devin McBride" <devin@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 08:13:57 -0700

------_=_NextPart_001_01C4B6B7.6B6C10F2

-          How can I disable the public folders from being seen for the
=
users who are accessing OWA through the web? But still for users inside
=
the web they should be able to see it? Or is it a common thing for users
=
accessing OWA from outside to see the public folders? (we have so many =
public folders) I would imagine you could simple remove owa users from =
having access directly through your exchange system manager under Folder
=
 > Public Folders

=20

-          Typically when a front end exchange in the DMz zone does it =
have 1 NIC (public one in our case) and the routing to the trust is done
=
through the firewall or does it usually have 2 NICs one on the trust and
=
one on the DMZ?   What exactly are your using isa for?  just the =
firewall functionality of it?  If thats the case I dont see why you =
couldnt just use a single nic.

=20

-          Can I install OWA 2003 to be used with exchange 2000? No, =
you'll need to upgrade exchange to 2003.  Luckily a 2000 to 2003 upgrade
=
is extremely clean.

=20

DM