FE Server / OWA Hardware question

  • From: "EIS Lists" <eis_lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 14:52:40 -0800

Hi –

I am constructing a small E2k3 environment (roughly 150 users total).
However, I would like to place a FE server in the DMZ and leave the BE
server inside the local network. I also want to setup an OWA host (that is,
an IIS server).

Is it possible to put these on the same box? What are the potential problems
with that?

What type of hardware should I be looking at for that? (E.g, Dell PowerEdge
850 3.0GHz with 80GB SATAs in RAID1 and 2GB RAM)

Am I increasing the risk to the box if I also host other IIS sites on it?

Should I give those services different public addresses?

Thanks.