External Outlook client can't send

  • From: "Paul" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 08:37:02 -0600

Hi,
I have an exch 2k with all spks.
Want to setup to allow clients to connect from internet dowload e-mail and
send.
I setup vs for pop3 and smptp. configured mx records and dns on internet
dns as well as internal dns settings.

The user can connect (I see them in log) but outlook express or outlook
says either server. when they test the account it fails.

I setup a dialup account and use outlook express with a test e-mail
account I can receive e-mail to test account, but can not send from test
account.

My settings on vs are set on
all three authentications
relay is deny all except list below and aloow computers that authenticate
to relay

I have checked the dns records and verything is correct. I have the ports
open on router (linksys).

I am missing something here.

If I use the outlook express interanlly it connects fine and sends and
recieves no problem.
Also internal clients can send receivce no problem using outlook xp
(imapi).

It almost seems like it is a permissions error just not sure where?

Any help Pleeeeeeeeeese! Thank you