Re: Exchange redundancy and disaster recovery

  • From: ilkeraydin@xxxxxxx
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 05:06:11 -0600

Hi,

You can only accomplish this by using a third party product. You can
evaluate Co-Standby Server or Replistor from Legato Systems. Both products
offer WAN capabilities with automatic failover. I've also heard of similar
products from different vendors, but I can not give you names now.

One other consideration for this scenario is to direct your users
(clients) to the second exchange machine in case of a disaster. You may
need to change DNS or WINS records or even change routing tables.

Hope this helps,

ILKER