RE: Exchange redundancy and disaster recovery

  • From: "D'Amico, Tony" <tony.damico@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 08:37:41 +1000

Use LiveVault.  see below url

www.livevault.com/

-----Original Message-----
From: mikechange@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:mikechange@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, 9 May 2002 8:40 PM
To: [ExchangeList]
Subject: [exchangelist] Exchange redundancy and disaster recovery

http://www.MSExchange.org/

We recently had an issue where we had to rebuild exchange 5.5 and restore
mailbox's etc back into it. We suffered considerable downtime which has
now possed the question of disaster recovery.

We have a domain with a pdc and bdc (NT4 server) and have created a bdc
off site which is part of the domain and is synchronising remotely. I need
to come up with a good disaster recover for the exchange server.

We are using veritas backup which is backing up private store, public
store and one other folder. Could someone suggest the best way of handling
this. The exchange server cannot be taken offline. I have looked at
exmerge but am not sure if this would copy permissions etc if the edb's
are in use.

Is there a way of creating a second exchange 5.5 remotely and mirroring
the accounts of the original exchange. (Exact copy - but the backup
exchange server does not function unless the other one goes down.)

thanks

If you have received this transmission in error
please notify us immediately by return e-mail
and delete all copies.