Exchange Server Consolidation with Front End

  • From: "Raji Arulambalam" <RajiA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 11:25:22 +1200

Hi
Currently we have 4 Exchange Server 2003 SP1. No FE or BE over 3
locations with high speed links.
They all are Windows Server 2003.
One of the servers (EXCH01) is the OWA gateway with FBA that has users
and public folders.
I am looking at consolidating the Exchange servers to one.
If I install Exchange Server 2003 Ent as a BE server, can I use the
existing server EXCH01 as a FE, by moving all the users and public
folders off this and then changing it to a FE server?
What else is need to re configure this server to be a FE?
I do not want to re-install Exchange.
This server also accepts incoming mail messages from another SMTP smart
host.
I have read the docs from Microsoft, but its on how to start a fresh
installation.
Nothing about changing an already in place setup.
Any help/pointer welcome
RajiA
Email disclaimer: This email and any attachments are confidential. If you are
not the intended recipient, do not copy, disclose or use the contents in any
way. If you receive this message in error, please let us know by return email
and then destroy the message. Environment Bay of Plenty is not responsible for
any changes made to this message and/or any attachments after sending.
This e-mail has been checked for viruses and no viruses were detected.