SMTP e-mail addresses policy problem

  • From: "Mustafa Cicek" <mbcicek@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 04:24:33 -0600

Hi!
I don't know if someboy in this discussion group has experiences with
Microsoft Provisioning System (Hosted Exchange), with Hosted and Messaging
Collaboration version 3.0 - HMC 3.0. We deployed Hosted Exchange 2003
based on HMC 3.0 on a Windows 2003 domain.

Hier is our problem:

Our recipient policy (by using HMC) for a business organization has a
policy which has two different SMTP e-addresses policy:
@domainA.com and @domainB.com

We created the organization with the SMTP domain domainA.com. Later we
created additionally SMTP domain domainB.com for the same organization and
in the same policy.
Only and only the policy for @domainA.com is applied to the user e-mail
addresses. The e-mail addresses policy domainB.com is never applied to.
The option "Automatically update e-mail addresses based on recipient
policy" on the User Properties > E-Mail Addresses of a AD user is not
enabled on default. If we enable this option, the user get following
e-mail addresses and the primary e-mail address domainA.com is no more
primary:
After enabled this option: for Example, the e-mail addresses for the user
Peter Schwarz are:
- p.schwarz@xxxxxxxxxxx (no more primary)
- p.schwarz_domainA.co@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- p.schwarz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (now this one is primary)
- x.400 address is also applied to user.

Can somebody tell me what is happening in system (MPS or Exchange)? What
is wrong and how can we fix this problem?

Best Regards
Cicek