Exchange 5.5 Restore - HELP

  • From: Chris Wall <Chris.Wall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Exchange Group on Yahoo (MS_Exchange@xxxxxxxxxxx)" <MS_Exchange@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "ExchangeList (exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 17:04:43 -0400

Hello all,

   I am attempting to test my backups of one of my servers.  When I restore
the Priv and Pub on the test network (identical to production except
exchange server name is different) I am unable to see the mailboxes.  I can
open the Server Mgr. and view the Mailbox Resources and the Logons history,
but there are no mailboxes.  Here are the steps that I am performing.
Please help!

1. build restore server on Production network
2. restore Priv and Pub from tape to restore server
3. Change domain membership of restore server to test network (using
seperate switch)
4. verify I can see test network
5. Install Exchange 5.5 (creating new Site with the same name as the
production environment)
6. Install current Service Pack for exchange 5.5
7. Stop the information store service and copy the Priv and Pub restored
files into the mdbdata directory
8. Run isinteg -fix -pri -test alltests  and isinteg -fix  -pub -test
alltests
9.  Run isinteg -patch  and start all services
10. Run DS/IS consistency adjuster on all inconsistencies.

   After doing this, I can not see the mailboxes under Recipients or by
clicking on Global Address List.  What is going on?

Thanks,
Chris