Exchange 2000 OWA

  • From: "Ian Roberts" <Ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2002 16:46:43 -0600

I recently installed from scratch Exch 2000 as the only exchange server in
the domain. All is working fine except OWA. When I go to IIS the 3 virtual
directories all have a red hexagon with error written in it. In the Log I
have 3 yellow warnings with the following error :-
Event id 101.
The server was unable to add the virtual root /Exadmin for the directory
"\\.\BackofficeStorage" due to the following error: The system cannot find
the path specified: The data is the error.

.....I get the same error for /Public & /Exchange.
I'm very new to Exchange 2000. Any ideas what I've done wrong or how I can
get around this ??? I don't think the problem is IIS itself as the same
server is hosting other websites which run fine.