RE: EXMERGE and ADC behaviour...

  • From: "Christian Schramm" <christian.schramm@xxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 09:28:44 -0600

Hi again,

Thank you for the response. Just to make sure I understand it right, I
will repeat the steps for the "Microsoft Shuffle" and put some questions
of mine in brackets ;-)

1. Export User Attributes

(using LDIFDE or CSVDE?)

2. EXMERGE export mailbox data into .pst file
3. Stop ADC connection
4. disassociate the 5.5 and 2000 objects for this user
[msexchadcglobalnames attribute needs to be cleaned]

(please explain a little bit more, do I only have to clean that attribute
in AD? What should I do on the 5.5 mailbox for this step?)

5. Wait for replication
6. Remove Exchange Attribute from the AD user object
7. Create mailbox in site needed

(should i do this either by creating a new user or creating a new mailbox
for the old user?)

8. Import User Data

(LDIFDE / CSVDE; maybe not needed [step 7]?)

9. EXMERGE import data into new mailbox
10. Restart ADC and check for correct replication

Well, sounds good in my opinion, just the small questions I have in mind.
Hope you find the time to answer them for me ;-)

Thanks,

Christian