RE: Dual or Quad for 4000 users

  • From: "Teo De Las Heras" <teoheras@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 13:43:53 -0500

Michael,

You brought up a great point.  I've been receiving some resistance from our
SAN engineer that dedicate IOPS per server aren't necessary because of
caching.  I'm working on getting confirmation from EMC that caching should
NOT be worked into any caculations (I've never seen any that take caching
into consideration).

To be more clear on BES, not all users will be BES, but we don't yet know
what amount will be.

Teo