Distribution lists in Exchange 5.5

  • From: Chris Wall <Chris.Wall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Exchange Group on Yahoo (MS_Exchange@xxxxxxxxxxx)" <MS_Exchange@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "ExchangeList (exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 10:14:39 -0500

Hello all,

   Sending this out one more time as I can not find any 'specific
documentation' on this.

   I have a distribution list call 'All Users Americas' and the members
(recipients) of that Distribution List are other Distribution lists (ex.
'All Users Texas' - 'All Users NC' - 'All Users Canada' - 'All Users
Mexico').  My question is, if I give a user permissions to send to 'All User
Americas' under Delivery Restrictions, do I have to give that same person
permissions to all the member DL's or will it over ride those permissions.

  Currently I have a user sending to All Users Americas, and their e-mail is
being sent to all the members except 'All Users Mexico' where they are not
given permissions to send under Delivery Restrictions.  I would assume that
giving them permissions to the 'parent' DL will over ride the member DL
permissions.

Any info would be great.

Please help.

Thanks,