RE: Browser

  • From: "Ross McPhaden" <Ross@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 20:52:44 -0000

BlankHi,

I've had this error before but with 95/98 client challenging for the master
browser roll.  I corrected this by setting the DC which I wanted to be the
master browser's registry
entry to true and if the look on the properties of file and printer sharing
on the clients you can disable the browser setting and disable the maintain
server list options.

Ross
  Date:  2/15/2002
  Time:  1:40:17 PM
  User:  N/A
  Computer: STFSEXG01
  The browser was unable to retrieve a list of servers from the browser
master \\SERVER01 on the network
\Device\NetBT_Tcpip_{5B210CC7-C1E5-4750-B115-35ABA30EF15E}. The data is the
error code.
  Data:
  0000: 40 00 00 00               @...

  Event Type: Error
  Event Source: BROWSER
  Event Category: None
  Event ID: 8032
  Date:  2/15/2002
  Time:  7:10:16 PM
  User:  N/A
  Computer: STFSEXG01
  The browser service has failed to retrieve the backup list too many times
on transport \Device\NetBT_Tcpip_{5B210CC7-C1E5-4750-B115-35ABA30EF15E}. The
backup browser is stopping.
  Data:
  0000: 40 00 00 00               @...

  [Amy Dukart]