Arcserve backup - clear up this confusion

  • From: "Denise Dorrance" <denisedorrance@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 13:04:29 +0000

I'm using Arcserve 2000 to backup my Exchange 5.5 server. When I attempt to backup the priv and pub .edb it won't backup. It tells me that there is a sharing violation. I do have the agent. When I look at my backup job I'm backing up D$\exchsrvr\MDBDATA\PUB.EDB and D$\exchsrvr\MDBDATA\PRIV.EDB and C:\exchsrvr\dsadata\temp.edb and c:\exchsrvr\mdbdata\tmp.edb. All I see is (SHARING VIOLATION).

I don't know if this is normal because down below I see that I am backing up dbaexch\Information Store. If I am backing up the Information Store then do I really have to back up these others? I'm really confused at this point... Thanks!!

<b>Get MSN 8</b> and enjoy automatic e-mail virus protection. http://join.msn.com/?page=features/virus