Antivirus - Unscannable message bodies and blank subjects being blocked.

  • From: "Jason Merrique" <j.merrique@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 16:31:29 -0000

Hi Chaps,

Got a problem that I think is related to our AV software. Here's the
setup:

Exchange 2003
Windows 2003
Symantec Mail Security v 4.0

I'm getting an awful lot of "Unscannable" message errors, and its not
obvious what is different about these emails. However they do have these
entries in their headers:

----------------------------
------_=_NextPart_001_01C3F239.E1391CA0

------_=_NextPart_001_01C3F239.E1391CA0

------_=_NextPart_001_01C3F239.E1391CA0--

There seems to be some encoding going on that SMS doesn't like, but how
can I configure the AV to be able to scan these messages?

One other thing: All messages with blank subjects are being blocked at
Categorisation. I suspect SMS of this too.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Many thanks in advance,

Jason