[ExchangeList] Re: 2003-2010 Mailbox Migrations

  • From: Milind Naphade <milind.naphade@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 18:09:08 +0530

Hello Andrew,

Finding corrupt items per mailbox; database wide may not be that easy. If you are moving to exchange 2010 and mailboxes are failing only due to bad items in mailboxes and it is stopping your work. You can configure your move requests to increase the number of bad counts (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee681664.aspx)

There is an option that you can use ISINTEG to fix the logical corruption in database but that may not help sometimes. However, it is not recommended doing it in production as it involves dismounting the databases and needs some time to complete the ISINTEG.

If you opt for the option one I think it should be okay. Later you can use New-MailboxRepairRequest to repair the corruptions in the mailbox if you find any. I would however recommend that you test it in lab before going for anything.

Regards,
-
Milind Naphade

On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 5:35 PM, Dogers <dogers@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
http://www.msexchange.org
-------------------------------------------------------Hello! If this list is still going, I'll bet you forgot you were a member :)

We're just on the verge of doing a 300+ mailbox migration from
Exchange 2003 to 2010, however the first couple of trial mailboxes
seem to have a load of corrupted items in them. One was fixed with
"outlook /resettodobar" the other was fixed by deleting the offending
email.

I'm sure there will be PLENTY more in other users mailboxes though. Is
there any way of doing a scan and finding these prior to trying to
move them or is it just a case of trying it and fixing them as they
come up? Even a couple of resource mailboxes seem to have had an issue
moving too, so it doesn't fill me with confidence..

Andrew