[etni] the NBA

  • From: Ruth Sheffer <ruti044@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 13:10:27 +0200

In reference to Maxine Bennet's posting, Nina and Rivka were not talking
about alternative assessment but the problems with the unevenness of
the reading comprehension exam. None of those very valid points was
addressed in Maxine's letter, and we still have had no satisfactory
response as to why the Native Speakers are doing so badly or as to why
veteran teachers suddenly need an answer key in order to know what the
right answers are. Nobody is saying that everything about the NBA is bad
,just that there seem to be a lot of discrepancies , not to mention the
extra workload that we are saddled with ,if we implement everything as
we are supposed to.
Ruth