[etni] Re: the NBA

  • From: "Maxine Bennet" <bmaxine@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ruti044@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 15:48:27 +0200

Regarding the problems with the exam-- as I remember, there have been many
exams
that have had controversial questions that were discussed and argued about,
and the
issues were dealt with.
Regarding Native Speakers-- there are a lot of reasons that they're
struggling with the test.
I heard July Steiner's explanation at a large meeting of teachers here in
the north and one
of the things she said was that students need to understand what they're
reading in order to answer the questions.  I don't
think that the NS students were used to the new types of questions.
I had one NS student who did not do well last year, but after practicing the
new question types, she
succeeded on the test in the winter.
My point is that the new modules are a big change for all of us-  I just
don't see that the ministry is working
against us in solving the problems.  If there seems to be a lot of
discrepancies, lets talk about them and
work toward fixing them.
Hag Sameah
Maxine