[etni] suggestion for a contemporary novel

  • From: Avi Granit <judiavi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ETNI <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2007 00:27:24 +0300

I would love to teach that "curious incident of the dog in the middle of the
night" book by Mark Haddon.   Would be perfect for both religous, secular, boys
and girls as there is no sex of violence in it and is an easy, interesting read.

So why aren't we doing it in my school? Well to my dismay, the Hebrew
literature teacher ordered the book IN HEBREW translation to read with
classes!!!   I was so disappointed as I feel it would have been perfect for my
school  (religious girls).

Just my recommendation,

Judi G.