[etni] response to disillusioned

  • From: laurie@xxxxxxxx
  • To: etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 03:14:41 -0700

I'd like to write a few words here to "disillusioned" and all the others
feeling the same. I sincerely feel empathetic as I have also been
"there". (or pretty close!) I worked in a school where I got into an
awful argument with the coordinator who wouldn't accept my realistic
"magen" grades and wanted me to help the kids out with a pile of
points. I refused. When the grades did come in for the exam, they
matched closely with the ones I'd given. I'm no longer working there
today.a few years later,  I was trying to help out at a local school
and ended up leaving as the faculty there had no qualms about skipping
the entire literature program, including book reports. My efforts to
change the situation were met with a brick wall. I left that school.
It's all extremely disillusioning. I wish I had some good answers. But
you were right in sticking to your guns.
Laurie