[etni] I told you so

  • From: "howard sibirsky" <howdon@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ETNI freelists" <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 12:42:48 +0200

A few months ago I wrote a letter telling you about my experiences in one of
the best Yeshivot in Israel.
I was asked to fake grades. A student who had not attended any classes was
allowed to sit for the Bagrut and the Magen was given by a teacher to whom this
student had never been assigned. I had to force the principal to throw this
student out of the exam room.

Other students who had done nothing for the whole year were encouraged to call
the teacher at home, time and again, asking to be given a positive grade. This
is certainly not professional behavior. I was the one who had to sat - no!!!

The co-coordinator did not only support such actions but he is the one that
asked the English teaching staff to fake grades.

I could go on and on.

At that time, when I wrote the above mentioned letter, I received answers on
this site telling me that nothing will be done about it, that the Ministry of
Education does not really care, and so on.

I add my two cents so that this might be picked up by a newspaper and have this
phenomenon publicized and those responsible, including those like the above,
punished.

Hanan