[etni] requirements to become an English teacher

  • From: Avi Granit <judiavi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: morahleah@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, ETNI <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 31 May 2009 16:13:46 +0300

Hi Leah,
I, too, moaned about having to take the Hebrew courses to become an English
teacher.  As the mother of young kids I had to pay for a babysitter in the
afternoons especially to be able to attend.

However, in the long run I am extremely glad that I did the courses.  They gave
me important background knowledge that has been important as a teacher, as a
parent to Israeli kids and also as a citizen of the country.

You should know that while you are required to pass the exams - course
attendance is NOT obligatory.  I know of more than one person who got a
detailed list of course requirements, studied with friends and some Israeli
students, took private lessons and passed the exams quite easily without
attending the courses.

They are not really difficult and I do understand their relevance.

Best wishes,
Judi G