[etni] postpone hots

  • From: "Nathan Singer" <nate1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2009 09:41:59 +0200

Hi all,
    I gather from the recent posts that many of you are already planning the
party to celebrate Dr. Steiner's proposed changes to the HOTS.

From past experiences I know that until you get official "Hozer Mankal"
notifications, the program stands as it is! (or some sort of official
ministry communication)

It would be a mistake to run right away to your "yud" classes and announce
to them that they are "pturim" from the HOTS program.

I understand from reading the minutes from Ditza's meeting and from Dr.
Steiner's response to the YNET article that the suggested changes are just
that. Suggested.

I think she sees them as negotiating points with the Irgun and with the
teachers threatening to not implement the program.

By the way, when reading Dr. Steiner's response to the YNET article, I was
reminded of when I try to get help from the Microsoft support line; some of
it was true, but totally

irrelevant to the basic problem at hand.

   If things stand as they are, and the teachers find themselves in an
impossible situation, we will see many teachers preparing LOG templates and
helping their

students fill them in as well as pre prepared  projects. This obviously
defeats the whole purpose of the program but many teachers will feel that
they simply have no choice.

I don't think this point is lost on the powers that be at the MOE but as one
of you mentioned in a recent post, they have so much invested in this that
they can't just back down.

Food for thought.

Nathan Singer