[etni] oral exams

  • From: "Linda Dayan" <lindadayan7@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 16:05:55 +0200

In regard to the oral exams, my reservations are less that testers can be too lenient, but rather that one level of pupils can get two testers, one lenient and one strict, and then the subjectivity of the exam becomes glaring, and, in the case of the "unlucky" goup, pupils come away feeling cheated.

On the other hand, we all know that if what isn't tested, in many cases, isn't taught. If the oral exam is abolished, many teachers won't teach oral communication, and I can already hear my kids complaining about having to speak in English when it's "not on the exam".

    Shabbat Shalom to all.  Linda D.

Issue #2 of The Rag is now online!!!
http://www.etni.org/etnirag/

Add yourself / Update your entry to "Who's Who on Etni"
http://www.boker.org.il/etni/whoswho.htm