[etni] no more literature exams?

  • From: Janette Segal <janjon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 07 May 2014 11:35:21 +0300

From what Renee Wahl wrote, there soon won't be a literature exam. I guess soon
there might be no exams and most of the tests will be internal exams. How
interesting that this idea of doing internal exams was abandoned in England
because there was not sufficient reliability and the universities found them
inadequate. What a funny system we might have - the teachers might be working
harder than the students and the work done internally might  demand less of the
student than an external exam. I guess no one is that interested in seeing what
ideas fail in other countries. We can always argue that here things are
different. In England today the "Bagrut" external exams are so  reliable  and
indicative of a student's ability that there is no need for a psychometric
test. If you have read this far –that's great. In general English teachers
have too little time to read a long mail –many are marking the LOG! Good luck
to everyone for the success of their pupils in the upcoming Bagrut exams
…Janette Segal

** ETNI Blog and Poll
   http://ask-etni.blogspot.co.il/
** Etni homepage - http://www.etni.org