[etni] native speakers

  • From: "Ilana Bar-Hai" <ilbarhay@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 19:24:00 +0000

Hi!  All the talk about NS , NNS is getting a bit, well, annoying but has
forced me to think a lot about the issue.  Taking into consideration that
you all bored me, I decided it was high time to bore you.  So here is my
opinion.
The ideal teacher fora NS class is a NS who is a certified, experienced,
natural born teacher-type, with at least a masters in English,and a pro at
classroom management.  I am sure we can add more to this list.  If you
fulfill this description, then let etni know.  It would be interesting to
see how many there are... Since there aren't too many "perfect" teachers,
then I guess adding an extra "N" in front of NS, and leaving the rest of the
list the same, leaves you with a teacher you would want for your kids.  And
that comes from a NS!
Ilana