[etni] more Bagrut bloopers

  • From: "Bari Nirenberg" <nirenber@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2004 22:52:10 +0200

Enjoy...

One examinee slept at a "bread and breakfast" on the school trip.  Those
students must have been hungry!

And how's this...

"In most cases, children prefer playing on the computer instead of meeting
friends, going to tropics, doing homework and so on..."

Hmm...  playing on the computer or going to the Tropics -- which would YOU
choose???

And another (note that I fixed the grammar a bit in the one -- it's the
content that's funny)...

"Most of us find ourselves talking on the cell phone at least once in an
hour.  In the fifty-five seconds we have left, we usually watch TV, play on
the computer or use the Internet and if not, we are probably in the car on
our way to the market to buy a frozen lunch for the kids to put in the
microwave."

That's an awful lot of activity in such a short period of time (under a
minute!).  And I'd hate to see the cell phone bill!

Now here's an interesting new word:  "nonindependent"  (I'm not sure what
was wrong with "dependent").

And one examinee invented a new number:  "We will have to pay 3,000 hundred
dollars."  I'm not sure how much that is, but it sure sounds like a lot!

Have you ever been "sliding in the Internet"?

Here's evidence of the beauty of Israeli youth:

"As you probably know, Poland isn't the prettiest country.  However, the
locals didn't seem to care that much while we were there."

Apparently, they made it a lot prettier :-)

I'll leave you to decipher this one on your own:

"Your buses give me good feelings."

And finally...  I guess these days, nothing is taken for granted:

"I would like to apply for thank you."

Bari
---