[etni] last round of Bagrut bloopers

  • From: "Bari Nirenberg" <nirenber@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 10:48:25 +0200

Now that I've finished marking Bagrut exams and had time to rest, I can post
the rest of the bloopers from the exams I graded.  Enjoy!

One kid's class trip reminded me of the Electric Company commercial (with
"Teka" and "Sheka").  He went to the "Sea Salt".

There were some other interesting class trips, too.  Two kids visited the US
in the summer of 2004 and saw the Twin Towers.

One kid saw "The Gate of Winning" in Paris.

Another kid saw something even more interesting in France, which has
apparently been moved from Italy -- the "Piza Tower".

Then there was the kid who went to Eilat on his school trip.  This trip must
have been very tiring:

"One thing that butters me was that ll the tours were in the hot hours,
between 2:00 AM till 4 M, the hit was unstandeble, mybe if we went out on
the tour arlyer in the morning, the hit was more standeble."

(I don't think going out earlier than 2 a.m. would have solved many
problems).

This kid's trip was a winner, too:

"I would like to say that the bus was not in perfect shape, but the driver
was very nice.  I also want to say that he was drunk the whole trip."

Hmm...

This kid had a nice class trip, but seems to be a bit of a perfectionist:

"Your company's tours are perfect.  However, I have some suggestions to
improve the perfection of the tours."

This kid had some interesting ideas for activities on the school trip:

"Kids should run and play games like hide and sick."

(I'm not sure I'd like to play that game).

Finally, a few examinees invented some interesting new words:

* polluminates (instead of "pollutes")

* non-positive comments (I guess that's more politically correct than
"negative comments")

* disbenefits (instead of "disadvantages")

Have a great last two weeks of vacation!

Bari

---