[etni] irgun re HOTS

  • From: tessa shrem <tessashrem@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Etni <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 20:29:04 +0200

It's really a shame that Ran Erez only referred to the question of monetary
compensation in his letter to the English teachers.  Although I'm sure all
of us would like to have a bit of extra cash, the question of money is
really not what we are fighting about, but rather the pedagogical problems
that we all see in the HOTS programme.
Nurit Valenci understands that, and I know she brought up our real concerns
in her meetings with the powers that be, but this letter gives a totally
wrong impression of the English teachers and their complaints to any Irgun
members who may have read it.  Ran Erez may be satisfied if he gets us a few
extra shekels gmul for doing the course and implementing the programme, but
I, for one, won't be, and will continue to refuse to implement the HOTS. I
hope the rest of you feel the same way.

Tessa