[etni] Re: fw: Student's grades drop in English - Haaretz

  • From: "Renee Binyamini" <r_binyamini@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 23:25:42 +0300

Adele, and everyone else,
   It's very easy to blame the budget cuts,etc, but I don't think that was
the problem here. I must admit that I haven't read the whole article yet,
but did it mention that this past year the Meitzav was given in December as
opposed to April? Fifth graders were given the same level test as the year
before, but  4 months earlier! That's a lot of time for a fifth grader
learning a new language. How can one compare the results of the past two
years under these circumstances?
  Unfortunately I think the problem this time was the content of the test
and how it was administered, and not the level of the kids.
Renee Binyamini