[etni] bagrut listening

  • From: "Sharon Tzur" <sharontzu5@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 18:15:32 +0300

Dear Etniers:

Every year I get extremely stressed out before the listening comp.
Naturally, we make sure to have enough radios, and we try to tune them in to
the right station, but there are those minutes just before the broadcast
begins, when at least in some rooms, no one is sure if the right station is
tuned in. Then once the instructions begin, there are only a few seconds to
tune to the right station.

I would like to suggest that 5 - 10 minutes before the broadcast of the
listening, the radio station should broadcast some sort of sign of the
upcoming broadcast. If they don't want to spend 5 or 10 minutes of air time
broadcasting, "You are tuned to Reshet Aleph, in a few minutes, the Bagrut
listening comprehension passage will be broadcast. or something to that
effect, perhaps the signal can be a prearrange, easily recognizable song -
like "We are the Champions" - anything that will help us tune in and know we
are at the right place.