[etni] an interesting game/activity for teaching Wh- question words?

  • From: Sarah Greenberg <smzgreenberg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 22:17:16 +0200

B"H
Hello Fellow English Teachers,

I am looking for an interesting activity (about 15-20 min) at the beginning
of a class to teach my 5th grade students Wh- question words. They are
familiar with most of the words but need the review. I want to use this
activity as a lead-in to learning the grammatical structure "Where do I go?
What do they do? When do they walk to school?" etc. We've been doing a lot
of practice with the present simple.

Also, while I'm asking, if anyone has interesting and fun activities/ideas
for distinguishing between present simple and present progressive for this
age group, I would appreciate any and all suggestions.

Many thanks,
Sarah Greenberg

morahsarahg@xxxxxxxxx