[etni] Re: adding fuel to the fire

  • From: Nehama Barbiru <nb001@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: judyfreedman@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2009 15:04:36 +0200

Judy wrote: not all the markers were English speakers
This is very unsettling. Does this mean that the Meitzavim are marked on a
"recognize the answer - give the points" method with little thought and
judgment that an English teacher should show?
If there are not enough teachers who are willing to mark the tests, the MOE
should rethink. It is either that the pay is not worth the effort OR that
teachers don't regard the Meitzav as important or significant enough. (or it
may be both).
This brings us back to the whole issue of tests, testing and summitive
grades.
Nehama