[etni] Re: Where is etni going

  • From: "Haber Barry" <barryhaber@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2004 17:12:47 +0000

Dear All,

The attributes of those who work so hard and so faithfully to make ETNI an
organization that offers all of us information and a place to exchange ideas
and opinions on matters so dear to us is quite clear and needs no further
mention. The fact that each one of us can also voice our opinion without
being interrupted while we express our thoughts is also an asset which is
hard to come by in our society. At least, here, you know that you can
complete a sentence without being cut off. The information and help that we
get and receive from one another only makes us better educators. The
differences in opinion only heighten our awareness as to the diversity and
complexity of our approach to teaching and the manner in which we see its
direction. By expressing our views we also open ourselves to new ways of
dealing with our teaching skills and alerting those who make the "big
decisions" regarding the curriculum and national tests as to whether or not
the implimentation is viable in the classrooms or valid as a true test of
thepupils' ability. The fact that grades are low on the Bagrut are in
indication that something is wrong, but the feedback of many teachers who
also prepare tests is an added measure for those who officially make the
testto understand where they have gone astray. Our collective knowledge is
certainly greater than its parts.

Barry Haber

The new MSN 8:[1] smart spam protection and 2 months FREE*

--- Links ---
   1 http://g.msn.com/8HMAEN/2737??PS=47575