[etni] Question - Which is better to teach first - Grammar

  • From: Einav Gefen <einbat1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2012 16:33:27 -0800 (PST)

Hi everyone.
I have two benchmarks that I want to teach my students towards. One of these
benchmarks needs as a prerequisite student knowledge of the present simple, the
other the present progressive. While making my checklist of what students need
to be taught I noticed that they do not know either. Can anyone advise me on a
preferred order of teaching? Does the knowledge of one of these grammar points
influence/ disturb the learning of the other? Which of these two benchmarks is
best to teach first?
Thanks in advance!
Einav