[etni] Present simple and progressive

  • From: Ms Ori Fine <orifine@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2012 13:19:03 -0800 (PST)

In the 5th grade meitzav, the students have a picture of people in the park,
classroom, bedroom etc. and they have to put together sentences describing the
picture.  Present progressive is very helpful in describing what is happening
in the picture and that is why we teach it first.  Nonetheless, I agree with
the argument that present simple is more useful...just not for the meitzav.
But, after everything I read here on the list, I will teach the present simple
before progressive this year.  Shavua Tov, Ori