[etni] OLD vs NEW plus ORALs

  • From: "aviva shapiro" <shapiroaviva@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ETNI <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2007 10:24:26 +0200

I hope this old vs new debate won't last too long.. Why even think of going
back.. Let's go forward.. Even if the 'new' isn't perfect, or great or
whatever.. it' has it's merits .  AND yes most of my kids love the time
spent out of the classroom working on a project. I suppose it just depends
how you do it.. IF you send the kids home with a list of things to do and
say bring back project in 3 weeks,, well then , yes,  yuck.. I too would
hate projects !! (AND it shouldn't be done this way)..

And furthermore the OLD bagrut had it's flaws too.  Maybe we should start
thinking out of the box and not say either old or new.. Maybe we should
think ... differently,, like how to improve  or change the test as it is.

And as for the oral exam.. IF we ever think of getting rid of it.. then we
might just stop teaching English . As English is a living language which our
students need to speak and understand even more than to read !!! YES, the
oral exam is cumbersome, subjective and very problematic to arrange and
carry out.  BUT we should not even entertain the idea of canceling it.

Well with this all said.. GOOD LUCK to us all on Tuesday. May our kids do
their best and may we teachers make it through with minor hassles and
problems !! (like enough versions,  no power failures ,, enough tapes..
etc.. !!)

Aviva

--
Try and Fail BUT Never Fail to try !!!