[etni] Re: Literature and Thinking

  • From: Nehama Barbiru <nb001@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lu_mmm@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2010 22:35:27 +0200

Dear Louise and List,
I have had the same thoughts for the last few years. I have even thought of
a step further. Why not combine English with other subjects? Each school
creates a year plan, with English teaching supplementary material of a
different subject every 3-4 weeks. It could be history, bible, math, biology
etc. The kids would be tested and given part of the grade on what was learnt
during English class. This would make English relevant and not just unseens.
Any takers?
Nehama

 Louise wrote:

> I don't know about you, but I would love to teach World History or Social
> Studies as part of the English curriculum - just think of what interesting
> texts we could read, literature, writing, projects, and best of all - give
> Israeli students exposure to world history that they won't otherwise get.
> Awaiting your hate mail,Louise :)

** The ETNI Rag **
http://www.etni.org/etnirag/
Much more than just a journal