[etni] Re: Fwd: further Facebook issues

  • From: laurie ornstein <laurenmadeline@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kobilavy@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2011 14:53:54 +0300

Thanks for your response, Kobi.
I'm not "blaming" Facebook. It could have happened elsewhere, too. I'm not
even sure the librarian-teacher knows all the intricacies of social
networking nor totally understands the cultural world of the village and was
therefore ill-equipped and  shouldn't have helped this girl open the
account.

Your example as a parent on top of things is excellent. However, these kids
rarely have parents who understand or could monitor their kids' social
networking when needed. Therefore, the kids are in more serious danger of
getting into trouble.

I know there are "nicer" sides of it but all I'm saying is be observant and
know your student population.

And yes, pray for peace in the south, Gaza and everywhere else!

Laurie