[etni] Fwd: Word 2010

  • From: ETNI list <etni.list@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Etni <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2012 11:41:03 +0200

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Sharon Tzur <sharontzu5@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Word 2010

Ester wrote that Word 2010 is a pain to use. I strongly disagree! Like
any new program, it takes getting used to, but once you get used to
it, it is far superior to Word 2003. It isn't much different from Word
2007, and if you've used 2007 you won't really need to make much of an
adjustment to use 2010 and it does have some features that 2007
doesn't have.

Many people who use Word don't really use most of the functions, but
for those who do use a lot of the functions, the way the menus are
laid out in 2007/2010 is far superior to 2003. Other features...You
can see how changes in font will make your document look while you are
still in the menus. You can access previous drafts. You can format
text more easily with a little pop up formatting toolbar, which
appears when you select text, (you can turn off this feature if you
don't like it), you can toggle hide most of the toolbar when you don't
need it, you can select multiple areas of text and not just continuous
text, you can put the menu icons you use the most on the   Quick
Access Toolbar, which you can place below the ribbon toolbar to get to
more easily, you can format pictures more easily, and so on.

Suggestion...when you get a new version of a program you are used to
using, do some research on how to use  the newer version and learn
about what new features it offers. And then remember there is a
learning curve of about a month until you feel comfortable with the
new version. The change from Word 2003 to Word 2007/10 may have a
slightly longer curve...maybe up to three months. Patience. In just a
bit of time, you'll be used to the new program.

....I remember how I resisted moving from Einstein to Word! Any of you
remember that old word processor... And before that, I couldn't
understand why Einstein was better than PE-2. Now I laugh to think
about it.

Sharon Tzur
** ETNI Blog and Poll
   http://ask-etni.blogspot.co.il/