[etni] Fwd: Question about grading Bridging question on 5 point test

  • From: ETNI list <etni.list@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Etni <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 May 2014 10:25:37 +0300

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Rena Spolter <renaspolter@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Question about grading Bridging question on 5 point test

If a student only relates to one of the points in the new information,
are points deducted?

Our new information related to "The Road Not Taken" is:
Many of Robert Frost's poems are set in nature.  He uses these natural
settings to discuss problems of human nature and society.

Several students only mention and explain in their answer about how
the poem is set in nature (a yellow wood), but do not relate to the
element of using the natural setting to discuss problems of human
nature and society.  I have been deducting 5 points for that, and
wanted to know if anyone thinks I'm being too harsh.

Thanks,
Rena
** ETNI Blog and Poll
   http://ask-etni.blogspot.co.il/