[etni] Fwd: Pro HOT

  • From: ETNI list <etni.list@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Etni <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2010 13:29:50 +0300

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: levad@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Pro HOT

Hi Etniers

This mail is mainly to wish you all Shana Tova, There are a few things
I want to share with you. As a teacher who tried the HOTS for a year
with two different classes (average 5 points and NS). Since I liked it
to begin with I infected my students with my enthusiasm and believe me
it worked! Their language skills have improved considerably especially
their writing skills, Not mentioning the fact that their analysing
skills and reading comprehension have improved. Personally I enjoy
every minute of it and I am convinced that pedagogically it is very
good. The only thing I have in common with the opposers is that the
teachers should be financially compensated in a way that will deal
with the extra work they have to do. (At least like the civic
teachers) I am willing to share ideas and materials with those who are
interested. Like Sharon said it doesn't matter if you are on the
minority or on the majority because sometimes the minority is right. I
feel that if the MOE would cancel the new lit program I will be
extremely sorry and I definitely think that the students will be the
ones to lose.

Again I wish you all shana tova ktiva vechatima tova
ATB
Aliza Levanon