[etni] Fw: re: orals REMINDER FOR NEXT MOED

  • From: "Ask Etni" <ask@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Etni" <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 08:24:18 +0200

----- Original Message -----
From: "Barry Silverberg" <barisil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: orals REMINDER FOR NEXT MOED

IT is infuriating to find that your tester is going by outdated
instructions, hasn't bothered to study the

exam requiremnents, or is just doing whatever he or she damn pleases ( even
if everybody gets 100).

It is infuriating to come to test and find that the class has not been
properly prepared because the teacher didn't bother

getting up to date.

(I am told of one school, a few years ago, where nobody knew that the 'new'
bagrut had come in; they thought it was next year!)

Anyway, I now make a phone call a month in advance for teacher and tester to
iron out their different expectations before the exam.

Barry with 2 rrs.

Aviva wrote:
> Today, at our "oral" exams we had a really nice tester - so nice in
 > fact that she wanted to give a grade for the project even if the students
> hadn't written one- those who were just too lazy to do it. She said  that
> if they could speak about a subject why not give them credit for their
> ability to speak for two minutes. Not only that - she says this is done
> quite often! Why not help those students? When we insisted that the
> maximum grade would be 40 (for the interview) she thought we were
 > rather strict!
> Another tester refused to allow our girls to speak for 3 minutes about the
> project and insisted only on asking questions. I showed her the rubric
> however she said that she has tested this way for years and has no
> intention to change now! Needless to say, our well prepared students
> were very upset.
> Any other interesting stories out there?

** The ETNI Rag **
http://www.etni.org/etnirag/
Much more than just a journal