[etni] Fw: re: matkonot

  • From: "Ask" <ask@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Etni" <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 19:08:31 +0200

----- Original Message ----- From: "Esther Revivo" <estherrv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <ask@xxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, January 23, 2007 6:41 PM
Subject: RE:  matkonot

My daughter's school gives only one matkonet. I think this is unfair (see
P.S.below) What if someone has a headache or virus that day? I usually give
2-3  and those matkonot are former Bagrut exams from previous years. During
the year, I test them by using approved texts from Eric Cohen; UPP and have
the girls practice on the AEL books at home. But, for a matkonet I feel that
an original former bagrut exam is the most reliable indicator about future
bagrut performance.
P.S. My Mom was a guidance counselor at my public high school in NY state.
On the day we all had to do the standard IQ exam I was recovering from an
illness and really felt lousy. As it was a small school, my guidance
counselor was surprised by my low score and broached my Mom about my
retaking it at a later date that year. Wonder of wonders, my IQ shot up by
about 30 points!!!

Sandy wrote:
i hear so much talk of three or four matkonot. what gives? how many matkonot should they be doing for their tziyun magen? isn't anyone counting the exams
they have been doing all year? do we let them keep trying (and drive
ourselves crazy) until they get a better grade? i don't get it.

Issue #2 of The Rag is now online!!!
http://www.etni.org/etnirag/

Add yourself / Update your entry to "Who's Who on Etni"
http://www.boker.org.il/etni/whoswho.htm