[etni] Fw: A message from Judy Steiner

  • From: "Ask" <ask@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Etni" <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 21:47:39 +0200

----- Original Message ----- From: "Esther Revivo" <estherrv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: A message from Judy Steiner

Dear friends - I wrote a letter to our dear "Commander in Chief," Judy
Steiner in which I voiced my personal frustrations about : 1- the fact we
work so hard and many of us feel that nobody "upstairs" listens to our
feedback; 2- the unpredictability of test difficulty, both in the same
module, and between different modules from season to season. She very kindly
answered me immediately, and I have her permission to share her response
with this forum. Below is part of her letter to me:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------I
 think I know more than anyone else how dedicated and hard-working English teachers
are.  I have written this in documents to the mancal, and in meetings with him I
constantly bring up this issue, asking for special conditions for English teachers and
other details which I cannot go into. As Chief Inspector it is important for me to
recognize those excellent teachers and last year we started with the English
Teachers’ Award.  This year, in addition, there are going to regional awards to
outstandingEnglish teachers. Regarding the Bagrut exams, comments from ETNI are passed
on to the Writing Committee.  The committee does its very best, but there are certain
constraints that are not dependent on them.  I have been constantlybringing up the
whole issue about how Bagrut exams are written in the Ministry.This is currently under
discussion. I am sorry that people out there really think t
hat no one listens.  I think they have no idea how much they are listened to.  However, a
teacher’s viewpoint of the whole picture is different than that of a Chief Inspector, who
has to take into consideration many factors that teachers are not aware of.
rest of the letter was personal. Anybody who has ever heard Judy speak knows that she is down to
earth, caring and sincere. I, for one, feelbetter having read this. We DO have someone
"upstairs" working hard on our behalf, and appreciating our efforts! Esther Revivo
Issue #2 of The Rag is now online!!!
http://www.etni.org/etnirag/

Add yourself / Update your entry to "Who's Who on Etni"
http://www.boker.org.il/etni/whoswho.htm