[etni] Re: Fw: re: Back to basics

  • From: Michele Ben <mggben@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ETNI <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 17:21:18 +0300

I don't get it.  If we do away with the school grade in high school, why
should kids bother going to school or attending class?  Why not just set up
bagrut centers where kids go to take their tests?  As it is there is much
too much emphasis on standardized testing in our school system.  The best
thing would be to require a school evaluation to get in to university so
schools would be able to focus on educating and not testing.  Then we
could do away with all the testing.  That idea, obviously, is a pipe dream
in our reality.  So what exactly would doing away with the school grade
accomplish?
Michele