[etni] Fw: info4u: BBC Prime stays on HOT!

  • From: "Ask Etni" <ask@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Etni" <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 14:37:37 +0200

----- Original Message -----
From: Leonie Lachmish - simchagirls1@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: info4u: BBC Prime stays on HOT!

Yeish !
Well done to everyone who wrote, faxed, protested, phoned !  The Director of
HOT says our pressure didn't help them in their negotiations but I reckon
they wouldn't have bothered with negotiations without our pressure ! They
managed to get around a 40% reduction in payment to BBC Prime and the other
channels that won't be removed after all, which is great.
When I got an email from a BBC representative who saw my name in the Haaretz
article, I answered that I hoped and trusted that BBC Prime would also do
its bit for its faithful viewers and take into account in the negotiations
that the cable company here is making terrible losses and that they would
also be flexible and understanding.  So it seems at last a win-win
situation.
Here's a link to an item just in on Yediot (Hebrew):
http://www.ynet.co.il/articles/0,7340,L-3355827,00.html
Leonie

Issue #2 of The Rag is now online!!!
http://www.etni.org/etnirag/

Add yourself / Update your entry to "Who's Who on Etni"
http://www.boker.org.il/etni/whoswho.htm