[etni] Fw: a new question and a response (play for 12-year-old)

  • From: "Ask" <ask@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Etni" <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 08:39:42 +0200

Issue #2 of The Rag is now online!!!
http://www.etni.org/etnirag/
====================================

----- Original Message ----- From: Maya Richman - mayarichman@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: a new question and a response (play for 12-year-old)

Hi all,

I currently teach seventh grade English in America (my certification is Secondary English), and I will probably make aliyah within two years. My question is this: will I need to get EFL certification when I go to Israel? If so, is there a fast way to do this? I recently got my master's degree (MEd in secondary English), and so I'm not looking forward to going back to school RIGHT away! I'm sorry to ask this on the whole server, but the information on the etni website confused me.

My response is to the play question: My 12 year olds at a private Jewish day school in America read the play "Inherit the Wind." It is at a pretty high level and it deals with a lot of historical context, but there is a great website available to research historical context (search for "Scopes Monkey Trial" in google), and my students really enjoyed the play. Hope this helps!

Maya

Eve wrote:
Can anyone recommend a play for a bright 12 year-old English speaker to read.

Add yourself / Update your entry to "Who's Who on Etni"
http://www.boker.org.il/etni/whoswho.htm